Day 2 of 2019’s 20 Day Clear the Clutter Challenge
If you followed along yesterday on Day 1 watched the video and downloaded the Purge Clutter Clearing Checklist then you’re ready to do a thorough and deep cleaning of your front entryway. Don’t worry I’ve got you covered. I have a checklist for the cleaning from the light fixtures to the door handles and hinges. You’re going to have your entryway sparkling in no time.
There’s no need to stress. I’m doing it with you. You’ve got this. Think about how it will feel to come home to a clean and fresh entryway. Just do one step at a time and although the Cleaning Checklist provides, Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly rituals I suggest doing everything on the list as a yearly reset and follow the D, W, M, Q next month. Let January be your new beginning, by creating a sacred space to welcome all the magic and miracles that 2019 has waiting for you.
As a means to help you maintain that warm and cozy fresh feeling that comes with a sparkling clean space I’m sharing a DIY project to help refresh your entranceways carpet and closet. During the spring, summer and early fall I like to take my entryway carpet outside and hose it down with liquid soap and essential oils. Unable to do so during the long winter months I love to give it a monthly refresh with the following DIY carpet deodorizer. In just a couple of hours, your entryway carpet will smell and feel amazing.
Carpet Deodorizer Instructions
What you’ll need.
1. 2 oz glass shaker bottle (a cheese shaker bottle or small jelly jar with holes punched into the lid will work fine. I use a vintage Avon talcum powder jar. The choice is yours.)
2. 1/4 – 1/2 a cup of Baking Soda (you may need more based on the size of your carpet, ours is 4′ x 6 ‘, so a 1/4 cup is good. Baking Soda absorbs both moisture and odours.)
3. 9 drops of Thieves Essential Oils (Thieves sanitizes surface and air born germs)
4. A glass mixing bowl.
5. Clean Vacuum
- In the glass mixing bowl combine the Baking Soda and the 9 drops of Thieves Essential oil, mix thoroughly.
- Once completely mixed pour the combination into the shaker bottle. Fasten the lid securely.
- Prepare the carpet by giving it a vacuum to pick up any surface grime.
Then sprinkle the entire top surface of the carpet with the ingredients now in the shaker bottler. Be sure to cover the entire surface, being generous on damp and wet areas.
- Let stand for 1-2 hours depending on the condition of the rug and the amount of traffic it endures over a month. Do your best to avoid using the carpet while deep cleaning it. You may wish to remove it from a high traffic area and proceed with the cleaning in a less busy location such as the basement.
- With a clean filter vacuum, the entire surface of the carpet a number of times to assure all the deodorizer has been removed. Clean your filter after this application as to not clog your vacuum.
You will love how clean and fresh your carpet feels.